Tuesday 15 March 2011

FINAL 3D SCULPTURE.

After lots of debate about what the final shape would be, I decided instead of making lots of little shells and glueing them together, I wanted a less obvious theme of repeat in my design. I used all together 12 sheets of yellow card and used the folding technique seen through out my blog and sketch book to create the final design. 


This has a repetitive theme and shell influenced texture to it so seemed perfect for my ideas.


I used the stapler to fix them all into shape and here is final 3D object...


To show the repetitive theme at its most obvious I took a photograph of the 3d piece from the inside.



I think the above image could have looked really effective to use as my final piece for the folder, however after lots of query i wouldnt have been able to use it anyway as a different object had to be used in the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment