Tuesday 15 February 2011

Continuing with the Sweeney Workshop.

I continued the paper folding after the worshop had finished and tried to create a more complex design that didnt follow the techniques I had used for my other sculptures.



The final outcome of the above piece reminded me of plants or shells that could be found on the beach. It was created by "happy mistakes" that Richard explained are accidents that happen during the folding and cutting process, that actually improve the design instead of ruining it. This enabled me to learn what techniques work and what don't. 



I dont particulary feel the above design follows the theme repeat, however it is aesthetically pleasing and exciting to look at. On a larger scale this reminded me of a climbing structure of some sort you may find in a childrens play area.

Again this design was created by cutting tabs into random areas of the sheet of paper and just going with the flow...

No comments:

Post a Comment