Thursday 24 February 2011

Work from other Artists...

I surfed the internet for paper sculptures of shells, just to see if there was already any work out there that could help me. Here were a few things I found...


I couldnt manage to find out who this piece was by but the repetive them to it seemed fitting for this module and the general pattern and shape of this sculpture could help me with my ideas on shells.

From here on I started to look for particular Artists that worked with paper to create sculptures, here are 2 artists that created work I found most influential...

DAVE WOOD.

I came across an artist who creates many things in his work as a designer, however he had actually created shells through the art of paper manipulation so I thought I should include him in my research.
He takes a different approach to richard Sweeney, in that Dave Wood works on a much smaller scale and it is not based so much on 3D work but on the texture and pattern of the paper design.

Here are 3 links to his work on shells , as I was unable to post the images on blogger for copyright reasons.

https://www.davewood.com.au/new/paper-sculpture-shell-series-conch-paper-sculpture-p-26.html?osCsid=vt142l4hmkvjdcsuvqim26d7o5


https://www.davewood.com.au/new/paper-sculpture-shell-series-nautilus-paper-sculpture-p-27.html?osCsid=q7hfltk57vh8usqe1d4kp1nup1


https://www.davewood.com.au/new/paper-sculpture-shell-series-scallop-paper-sculpture-p-25.html?osCsid=ru5qqhpn0f5omdoq727nqhuoq0



PAPER SCULPTURES BY ALLEN AND PATTY ECKMAN

I came across another talented artist who has created the most amazing sculptures I have ever seen just through the use of paper - Allen and Patty Eckman.

Unfortunately I could not find out much information on the process of how they build the designs but their work is absolutely mind blowing so It was definitely a must do when it came to including them in my research and work that influenced me. Here is a link to their web page for reference purposes...

http://safa.tv/802,vivid-paper-sculptures-by-allen-and-patty-eckman,4.html

And here are their amazing paper sculptures...


There isnt a repetitive theme to their work, but I felt so fascinated by their sculpture designs that they should be included in my blog, as they are definitely a pair of very talented artists who I can aspire to in terms of this project.



They seems to follow a particular War/ Battle theme in their work...



And they are the few selected sculptures I chose to include from Allen and Patty Eckman, a very different approach to paper manipulation but one that definitely does them proud, their work is fantastic to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment